If awarded a license by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission, Mass Gaming & Entertainment, LLC, is required by the host community agreement to pay at least $10 million per year to Brockton. Additionally, the completed project is expected to generate an additional $1.5 – $2.0 million per year in hotel, meals, water and sewer taxes and fees.
With these new revenues, Brockton and its surrounding communities could realize potential new benefits such as:
• Lower Property Taxes
• Increased Funding for School Sports Programs
• Increased Property Values
• Increased Funding for Public Safety
Additionally, Brockton becomes eligible for funding from state’ Gaming Commission community Mitigation Fund.
The proposed casino and resort will also indirectly impact the local economy in a variety of ways:
• Mass Gaming & Entertainment, LLC will use qualified local, small businesses as vendors whenever commercially reasonable.
• The Casino’s Rewards Program Will Foster Promotions at Local Business in & around Brockton.